On October 19 2014, Los Angeles School of Gymnastics’ coach headed down to the Rustic Canyon Recreation Center in Santa Monica California, to take part of the Fundraising event benefiting the Canyon Charter School.
Everyone knows that food, holidays, and family go great together. The perfect activity for you and your kids this holiday season is cooking!
Getting your kids in the kitchen is the perfect way to bring the family together during the holidays.
Kids love to create things so why not use their creativity to see what holiday fun you can think up together.
Decorating cookies and cupcakes are always a great way to show your creativity while also making some yummy treats.
Another great ideas is making some yummy holiday kabobs with your children. Let their imagination run wild and see where it can take them.
Gather a bunch of different fun ingredients and see what fun holiday characters you can create with yummy snacks like bananas, donuts, marshmallows, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, chocolate and anything else you can dream up… the sky’s the limit!
Search the internet, or watch the Food Network, for different recipes and ideas that will get your creative juices flowing.
Oreo Cookie Hat Recipe
- 1 Lb Strawberries, Tops Removed
- 12 Oreo Cookies (I used the Winter ones)
- ½ Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Wash strawberries and remove the hulls. Place on paper towels to dry.
- Freeze strawberries for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter. Stir in milk. Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pipe frosting into a circle on the top of the Oreo to make the strawberry sticky and to resemble the fur ring.
- Press strawberry into piped frosting large end down.
- Pipe a dot on top of the strawberry to resemble the hat’s fluff ball.
Pinterest is a great resource for giving you great ideas in the kitchen. Your kids will love helping you clean the fruit, gather the materials, and measure the ingredients. Measuring and counting ingredients is a great way to kelp your child learn while also having fun. It’s time to put down the electronics and spend some quality time together as a family. Take lots of pictures of your creations and cherish the moments!